Available Scholarships in the Field of Medicine, The need of educating future generations of medical professionals and scientists is widely acknowledged on a global scale. One of the reasons for the broad availability of graduate scholarships for medical students, which are offered at medical schools all around the world, is due to the fact that this is one of the causes.
Scholarships for undergraduate medical school programs are not as prevalent as they are for medical school graduates. However, there are still a number of alternatives for students to obtain funding for a first degree in health and medical topics. These opportunities include a variety of program kinds and are available to students. Make sure you look into any scholarship options, and do this regardless of the field that you want to study, whether it be genetic diseases or tropical medicine.
The following are some examples of the various kinds of medical scholarships that are available at all levels of education around the world.
You’ve come to the right place if you’re seeking for nursing scholarship opportunities to further your education. In addition to that, we also provide a list of veterinary school scholarships.
For Academic Pursuits Either in Australia or New Zealand
- AFPHM John Snow Scholarship: AFPHM Students attending approved medical colleges and universities in Australia and New Zealand are eligible to apply for the John Snow prize. This prize was established by the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and is named after Sir John Snow.
- University of Auckland John Hamel MacGregor Award in Medical Science: The University of Auckland, New Zealand The John Hamel MacGregor Award in Medical Science is a medical scholarship that is open to students from all over the world who wish to attend the University of Auckland in New Zealand in order to get a postgraduate research degree or a Bachelor of Medical Science degree.
- University of Wollongong Scholarships: The University of Wollongong in Australia offers a number of different medical school scholarships that can be used to fund studies in the Faculty of Science, Medicine, and Health.
- University of Melbourne Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarships for High Achievement: These scholarships are intended to assist high-achieving students who plan to enroll in the Bachelor of Medical Science program at the University of Melbourne with the cost of living costs they will incur while pursuing their education in Melbourne.
For Academic Pursuits in North America
- AMA Minority Scholars Award: The American Medical Association (AMA) Minority Scholars Award provides financial support to deserving students from underrepresented groups who are majoring in medicine in the United States. Students that are African-American, Alaskan Native, American Indian, or Native Hawaiian, as well as Hispanic, are considered eligible for this program.
- American College of Surgeons International Guest Scholarships: The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons International Guest Scholarships are international scholarships that allow recent college graduates between the ages of 35 and 50 who have an interest in either medical teaching or research to come to the United States to study and do research there.
- AMWA Awards: The American Medical Women’s Association provides financial support in the form of scholarships and fellowships for students who are members of AMWA and who are enrolled in medical school.
- ASCP Siemens Scholarships: A variety of medical school scholarships are available through the ASCP Siemens Scholarships program. These scholarships are intended for graduate medical technologists, technicians, and scientists who wish to study in the United States at one of several medical schools.
- ASME Grants and Fellowships: These are a variety of worldwide scholarships that are available to medical students, professors, and researchers so that they can continue their medical education in the United States and elsewhere.
- Edith SeVille Coale Scholarships: The Edith SeVille Coale Scholarships are awarded to female students who are currently enrolled in their third year of medical school in the United States at one of four medical schools located in Washington, DC. These schools include the School of Medicine at Johns Hopkins University.
- Harvard Medical School: The Emirates Cardiac Society Scholarships are one of the available medical scholarships at this school. Students from the United Arab Emirates are given precedence when applying for these scholarships.
- University of Calgary Cumming School of Medicine Awards: The University of Calgary Cumming School of Medicine Awards are doctoral scholarships that are available to students who are enrolled in the Doctor of Medicine (MD) program at the University of Calgary in Calgary, Canada.
- US Army Health Professions Scholarship Program: The United States Army Health Professions Scholarship Program will cover one hundred percent of the tuition for a graduate-level healthcare degree at any approved program in the United States or Puerto Rico that is in the fields of medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, psychology, or optometry. Only residents of the US may enter.
- United Health Foundation/NMF Diverse Medical Scholars Program: This program offers 32 grants totaling $10,000 (about £8,270) to medical students who are citizens of the United States, identify with a minority group, and are currently enrolled in medical school.
- The Recovery Village Health Care Scholarship: The Recovery Village Health Care Scholarship is a one thousand dollar scholarship that is offered to a student or permanent resident of the United States who is enrolled in a program that is relevant to medical care. In order to apply, you will be required to submit an essay in which you explain why you have such a strong interest in health care, with a particular emphasis on substance misuse and mental health.
- Tylenol Future Care Scholarship: The Tylenol Future Care Scholarship offers students who are interested in pursuing careers in the medical field the opportunity to win one of ten prizes worth $10,000 and one of thirty scholarships for $5,000. To be eligible to apply, you must be a citizen of the United States or Puerto Rico and either be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
For Academic Pursuits in Europe
- AMC Amsterdam Merit Scholarships: The AMC Amsterdam Merit Scholarships are awards given to non-EU/EEA students who are enrolled in the master’s program at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Amsterdam in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. These scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
- Carl Duisberg Scholarships: The Carl Duisberg Scholarships are awards of up to €10,000 (about £8,420) each that are given to medical students who are currently enrolled in a clinical trainee ship or practice year in one of a number of different medical specialties. Students from other countries who are interested in studying in Germany as well as students from Germany who are interested in studying in other countries are eligible candidates.
- Novo Nordisk Foundation Research Scholarships and Grants: Research Scholarships and Grants from the Novo Nordisk Foundation These research scholarships are available to students working in clinical or basic biomedical research who are interested in obtaining financing to perform independent research in Denmark.
- The Karolinska Institutet Global Master’s Scholarships: The Karolinska Institutet Global Master’s Scholarships are financial aid opportunities for master’s degree studies at the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden that are available to students from other countries.
For Academic Pursuits in the UK:
Imperial College London Faculty of Medicine: The Imperial College London Faculty of Medicine offers a variety of scholarships to students who wish to pursue an MBBS or BSc in medicine at the institution.
King’s College London Global Health & Social Medicine: The King’s College is in London One award of a bursary will be given out in the field of Global Health and Social Medicine for students who wish to enroll in the BA/BSc degree program offered by the university. Accessible to people of all nationalities.
NHS Student Bursaries: The National Health Service (NHS) is recognized as one of the most important sources of financial support in the United Kingdom (UK) for medical students. As a result, the NHS gives away a significant number of grants annually to students who are majoring in medicine. There are a few exceptions, but in general, citizens of England are the only ones who can apply for these bursaries.
QMUL John Abernethy (Barts) Scholarship for Medicine: QMUL Scholarships awarded on the basis of financial need to medical and dental students enrolled at Queen Mary University of London in an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) or BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) program. The John Abernethy (Barts) Scholarship for Medicine is named after the charity that established it.
UCLan MBBS Scholarships: Scholarships for UK students from the North West of England to study for an MBBS degree at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan); these scholarships are called the UCLan MBBS Scholarships.
University of Cambridge Graduate Course in Medicine Bursary: Scholarships that allow medical students from within the EU to acquire support for studies at the University of Cambridge.
University of Edinburgh/Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh: Scholarships to pursue an MSc in Internal Medicine through the University of Edinburgh’s online distance learning program, which can be completed part time over the course of three years.